Monday, February 27, 2006

The Immaculate Connection

Few things in my life can worthily be deemed ironic, but many are reminiscent of the silly writing exercises my past English instructors called Circle Poetry.

You may remember these simple lists--begin with any one word and continue writing random words vertically down your page until you reach a word that somehow relates to the first. A connection is established, the circle completed and hopefully your reader marvels at the relation.

For me, connection is one of the most exciting parts about living: contact with another, the evocation of a memory, a deeper meaning, a funnier joke...and, if nothing else, can certainly be inspiring.

This morning I woke up with the thought about starting a food blog. For various reasons the thought drifted away and I instead did many other things at random. Then, as the day closed, I read through the March issue of Food & Wine magazine and stumbled upon an article dedicated to food bloggers...so there you have it. It's almost 1:00am and here I am.

In his article, "In the Belly of the Blog," Pete Wells advises bloggers to:
  • Communicate passion
  • Have consequences and outline something at stake
  • Be timely and keep current with the news of the world you cover
  • Have a sense of purpose

I make no promises. www.foodandwine.com

6 Comments:

Blogger ADMIN said...

Very, Very nice. It's always a pleasure to read your writing and I'm sure you'll be unique and entertaining. love ya kiddo

5:23 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site! Can't wait to see what it becomes!

1:04 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I can keep near by reading your thoughts eventhough I am so far away.

7:56 AM PST  
Blogger Jeff said...

Ha... I just understood the title of this post. Funny.

8:56 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

courtz! awesome blog. i read that article in the "food & wine" magazine too and actually, thought of YOU! what a surprise when i saw your blog! love soaking up all your knowledge on the food world!

8:39 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your "savory site", here Courtney! I am so excited to learn about some wonderful websites that are new to me! As a mother of two very active toddlers, I love to relax and read through cookbooks when my girls are napping. I went to the David Lebovitz blogsite that Judi referenced, and found myself a treat! "Mes Confitures" I've been into canning and jamming this summer. Lots of new inspiring recipes! Thanks Judi and Courtney!!! ~ Laurie ~

9:13 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home